Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Monuemental

I had a big post about this 2009 Innaguration weekend planned. I wanted to discuss the swearing in ceremony on the National Mall; I wanted to talk about Jeezy's Innaguration Ball @ Love; I wanted to talk about the crazy tourists everywhere in DC; I wanted to talk about the fight I saw on the metro; I wanted to talk about my Stepdad & Mommy (We'll just refer to her as New Mom on the Blog) coming out and getting to experience it all, as well as getting to go to a taping of the Oprah Show; I wanted to talk about all the vendors with all the crazy Obama merchandise; I wanted t talk about the fire ass Jay-Z remix to "My President is Black"; I wanted to talk about the concert @ the Lincoln Memorial; I wanted to talk about how I hated the dress Michelle wore to the balls but really fucked with everything else she donned this weekend; I wanted to talk about Re Re the Body singing "My country Tis of Thee"; I wanted to talk about Civil rights legend Joseph Lowery's closing speech that ethered Mr. president's, and I wanted to talk about how experiencing this weekend with the people I loved made it even more legendary; But I saw these pictures on Gawker this morning at work and thought it would be more fitting that this be all I show. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but the only word that comes to my mind for each and every one of these photos is just........





Monuemental

No comments: